The fair begins at 5:30 p.m. and will include physical and mental health screenings, as well as offer information about:
• counseling services,
• substance abuse,
• smoking cessation,
• suicide prevention and
• cancer detection and prevention.
Participants will include:
• The Oklahoma City County Health Department,
• American Heart Association,
• Calm Waters,
• Daily Living Centers,
• Eagle Ridge,
• Variety Care,
• Oklahoma Turning Point,
• Sunbeam Family Services,
• Oklahoma Policy Institute and
• St. Anthony Hospital.
The town hall meeting, titled “Public Health Epidemics in Oklahoma,” starts at 7 p.m. Besides Shadid, speakers include:
• state Department of Health commissioner Terry Cline,
• Oklahoma City-County Health Department director Gary Cox,
• Oklahoma Policy Institute director Dr. David Blatt,
• Oklahoma County Commissioner Ray Vaughn and
• Oklahoma Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Director Terry White.
Photo by Mark Hancock