A devious squirrel caused a recent brownout at the Payne County Administration building in Stillwater.
“Our alarm system went haywire, calling an average of 30 times a minute,” District No. 2 Commissioner Chris Reding told Stillwater News Press.
In the middle of the night, the furry little mammal was fried while scurrying around an air conditioning unit.
The scaredy squirrel’s fatal blunder impacted power supply to the building, including A/C, phones, battery reserve and “eventually, the alarm system,” the paper reported.
What’s that old saying? Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn once in awhile? Looks like this guy found his eternal home.